Colonel Dorneen Shipp is commander of the 914th Maintenance Group, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, N.Y. She provides total administrative support for more than 275 personnel in addition to the oversight of all maintenance operations on 8 KC-135R aircraft tasked with aerial refueling, worldwide strategic airlift support, and aeromedical evacuation.
She began her Air Force career as an Airman in 1987 and was qualified in both Aircraft Maintenance and Intelligence Operations. In 1995, she earned her commission and was a distinguished graduate from Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps at Virginia Tech, Va. After commissioning, she moved to Barksdale AFB, La. where she served in a variety of active duty positions in aircraft maintenance including Propulsion Flight Commander, Accessories Flight Commander and 20th Bomb Squadron Sortie Generation OIC. She transitioned to the Air Force Reserve in 1997 as the 93rd Bomb Squadron Senior Maintenance Officer. In 2001, she moved to Andrews AFB, Md. where she was instrumental in converting the 459th Airlift Wing flying C-141s to the 459th Air Refueling Squadron flying KC-135s, as the Maintenance Operations Officer and the Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander. Col. Shipp moved to Robins AFB, Ga. in 2005 where she led the Aircraft Maintenance Division's Weapon System Support Branch and later the Weapon System Branch. Prior to her current assignment, Col. Shipp was the commander of the 927th Maintenance Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
Colonel Shipp is married with two children.
1992 Associate Degree in Power Plant Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1995 Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Public Relations, Virginia Tech, Va.
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (correspondence)
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (correspondence)
2011 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (correspondence)
2011 Master of Arts in National Security Studies, American Military University, Manassas, Va.
1. March 1987 - May 1991, Aircraft Technician, 1st Component Repair Squadron, 1st Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
2. June 1991 - August 1993, Intel Analyst, 7454th Tactical Intelligence Squadron, Boerfink MTK, Germany
3. September 1993 - May 1995, Student, Virginia Tech Cadet Corp, Virginia Tech, Va.
4. June 1995 - November 1997, Commander, Propulsion Flight; and Commander, Accessory Maintenance Flight, 2nd Maintenance Squadron, OIC Sortie Generation, 20th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
5. November 1997 - September 2001, Senior Maintenance Officer, 93rd Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. October 2001 - June 2005, 459th Maintenance Operations Flight Commander and Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander, Andrews AFB, Md.
7. June 2005 - December 2009, Chief, Weapons System Support Branch; and Chief, Weapons System Branch, Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. December 2009 - April 2014, Commander, 927th Maintenance Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
9. April 2014 - Present, Commander, 914th Maintenance Group, Niagara Falls ARS, N.Y.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1995
First Lieutenant May 31, 1997
Captain Sept. 30, 1999
Major Sept. 30, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 30, 2007
Colonel May 5, 2013