Colonel Jeromie K. Sheldon is the Commander, 914th Operations Group, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, N.Y. As commander, he is directly responsible for the employment of 8 KC-135 Stratotankers and 14 aeromedical crews. The mission of the 914th Operations Group includes in-flight refueling, aeromedical evacuation, and strategic support of conventional and non-conventional operations as well as execution of U.S. Strategic Command requirements for the Air Force.
Colonel Sheldon graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1997. As a PHOENIX HORIZON graduate and crossflow aviator he has served in a variety of positions at the squadron and major command and joint levels. The colonel also served as the Strategic Advisor to the AMC Director of Operations and Action Officer for the AMC Commander, Scott AFB, Illinois.
He has commanded at the Squadron level. Prior to assuming his current position, the colonel was Director of Operations for the 618th Air Operations Center, Scott Air Force Base, IL, where he lead a team of over 80 personnel while directing the largest Air Operations Center in the Department of Defense. He is a command pilot, having logged over 4,200 hours in airlift, tanker, and trainer aircraft.
1997 Bachelor of Science in Material Science, USAFA, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Master of Science in Business Administration, Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, Texas
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2009 Masters of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Air War College, by correspondence
2016 Masters of Strategic Military Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB Ala.
1. March 1998 – May 1999, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus Air Force Base, Texas and Naval Air Station, Corpus Christi, Texas
2. May 1999 – May 2002, C-130E Aircraft Commander and Mobility Officer, 61st Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
3. May 2002 – September 2005, TC-12 Chief, Wing Standardization and Evaluation, and Assistant Director of Operations, Training Squadron 35, NAS Corpus Christi, Texas
4. September 2005 – February 2006, Student, KC-135 Initial Qualification Aircraft Commander Course, Altus AFB, Okla.
5. February 2006 – July 2007, Chief, Executive Officer and aircraft commander, 912th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
6. July 2007 – July 2008, Flight Commander, Assistant Director of Operations, and Flight Examiner 912th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
7. July 2008 – June 2009, Student Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2009 – April 2010, Department of Defense Commercial Air Carrier Evaluator, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Illinois
9. April 2010 – March 2011, Special Assistant to the Director of Operations, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Illinois
10. April 2010 – March 2011, Special Assistant to the Director of Operations, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Illinois
11. March 2012 – August 2012, Student, KC-135 re-qualification training, Altus AFB, Okla.
12. August 2012 – October 2013, Director of Operations, 93d Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
13. October 2013 – June 2015, Commander, 92d Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash.
14. July 2015 – July 2016, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
15. July 2016 – July 2018, Section Head, J7 Policy and Requirements for NATO Training and Exercises, Supreme Headquarters All Powers Europe (SHAPE), Mons, Belgium
16. July 2018 - July 2019, Director of Operations, 618th Air Operations Center, Scott AFB, Illinois
17. July 2019 - Present, Commander, 914th Operations Group, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, N.Y.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 4,300
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-44, TC-12, C-130E, KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Navy Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
AF Outstanding Unit Award
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1997
First Lieutenant May 28, 1999
Captain May 28, 2001
Major Dec. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2012
Colonel Sept. 1, 2018
(Current as of May 2020)