Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station (NFARS) traces its lineage back to 1943, when Bell Aircraft Corporation began building structures capable of designing and producing experimental aircraft. Two years later, Bell constructed and tested the Bell X-1 experimental aircraft at Niagara Falls before taking it west to make aviation history. In 1947, Capt. Chuck Yeager became the first person to travel faster than the speed of sound in the X-1 at Edwards Air Force Base, California. Since the 1940s, NFARS has been home to over 20 different military cargo, refueling, and fighter aircraft.
On June 3, 2017, the 914th Airlift Wing was redesignated to the 914th Air Refueling Wing, exchanging an inventory of C-130 Hercules for eight KC-135 Stratotankers. Today, the 914th carried on our tradition of striving for perfection. Our joint partners constantly call upon us to ensure mission completion through global reach, whenever, wherever.
The mission of the 914th Air Refueling Wing is to train, perfect, and provide full spectrum rapid global mobility to the joint force.
To achieve that mission, the 914th has a vision: we are Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station's host wing of active duty, citizen airmen, civil servants, and contractors who support all airpower aspects, including our one mission of global reach, whenever, wherever.
When out of uniform, we're doctors, lawyers, teachers, students, tradespeople, business owners, and more, ready to serve when called upon.