DO: · Schedule your appointment a minimum of two weeks in advance (DA Photos, Tuesdays only). Per AR 640-30 paragraph7(a) 1-4, all appointments must be scheduled via a completed AF833. The Completed form is to be emailed to the 914th Public Affairs Office by clicking here.
· Ensure that alterations are completed prior to appointment. Per AR 640-30 7(a)4 and AR 640-34, it is the Soldier's responsibility to insure that their uniforms and authorized permanent accessories, decorations and insignia are worn per AR 670-1. · Come 10 minutes prior to appointment.
· Call 716-236-2136 in order to cancel an appointment.
· Keep in mind that this is an Official Air Force Visual Information Studio, our first obligation is to the 914th Airlift Wing and its components.
DO NOT: · Attempt to walk-in to get your photo taken. Per AR 640-30 paragraph7(a) 1-4, all appointments must be taken by appointment only.
· Wear your green tabs or cords UNLESS it is your Infantry Cord and you are still currently in an infantry unit.
· Attend your appointment unless your uniform is already put together. The Soldier is responsible for ensuring that his or her uniform fits properly, is pressed and that all ribbons/medals/badges/rank are correctly displayed for official military photographs. This is the point of taking the photo; so the members of the board may observe if said Soldier is 'squared-away'.
· Ask anyone to alter your photo in any way. This is in violation of AR 640-30.
DA photos are by appointment only (Tuesdays only).
If there are special any special requirements, times or days please fill out block "22 Description and Special Instructions" on the multimedia work request form linked below. While we will do our best to accommodate this is a high tempo office.
The DA Photo begins with the soldier. Taking the time to ensure your uniform is properly fitted and reflects only the awards and citations annotated on your ERB/ORB is the first step in creating a good DA Photo. Our photographers and staff can assist you by inspecting your uniform and pointing out obvious flaws, i.e. wrinkles, improper fit, damage, but it is your responsibility to ensure awards, decorations, unit crests and badges are worn correctly and match your ERB/ORB.
Photographers will not alter the photograph, to include adding new rank, ribbons, stars or erasing waistlines or wrinkles by using photo imaging software such as cloning or healing tools.
An AF Form 833 must be received prior to any multimedia work (Do not send in scanned document).
AR 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms
AR 640-30, Photographs for Military Personnel Files
U.S. Army Human Resources Command
Department of the Army Photo Management Information System (DAPMIS)