Chief Master Sgt. Donald "Scott" Peters is the 914th Air Refueling Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant. Chief Peters advises the Commander and staff on all matters influencing the mission readiness, professional development, proper utilization, health, morale, and welfare of the Wing’s enlisted Airmen and their families. Additionally, he disseminates the commander’s policies to all levels of senior officer and enlisted leadership.
Chief Master Sgt. Peters enlisted in the active duty Air Force in April 1983 as a security forces member. He continued his career in the Air Force Reserve broadening his scope of professional development to become a first sergeant and deploy to Iraq in the largest Logistics Readiness Squadron in the United States Central Command for the 332 Air Expeditionary Wing. He served at the U.S. AFRICOM as the African Military Enlisted Development Programmer/Planner and J5 Senior Enlisted Leader. He was responsible for the professional development of Partnered African Military Enlisted Personnel in accordance with the AFRICOM Campaign Plan (ACP) and African Enlisted Development Strategy (AEDS). He is an enlisted aircrew member with MQ1B with 509 combat flying hours. Prior to his current position he was the First Sergeant, 434 Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
1983 Security Specialist Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1985 NCO Preparatory School, Ramstein AB, Germany
1986 BMT Instructor Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1988 Training Systems Specialist, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1989 NCO Leadership School, Lackland AFB, Texas
1992 A.S. Degree in Educational and Instructional Technology, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 NCO Academy (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 USAF First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 A.S. Degree in Police Science, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 A.S. Degree in Human Resources, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Bachelor Degree Criminal Justice Administration, Columbia Southern University, Magna cum laude, Ala. 2011 RPA Basic Sensor Operator Course, RPA Fundamental Course, Randolph AFB, Texas 2013 A.S. Degree in Space Technology, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 HQ/RE Orientation Course, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
2015 Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2016 Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas 2020 Senior Enlisted Joint PME Course II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence.
1. April 1983 - May 1983, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. May 1983 - July 1983, Security Specialist Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. July 1983 – July 1983, Machine Gunner Specialist Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. July 1983 – August 1983, Air Base Ground Defense Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. September 1983 – August 1986, Security Forces, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. August 1986 – October 1988, Basic Military Training Instructor, Lackland AFB, Texas
7. October 1988 – September 1989, NCOIC Base Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
8. September 1989 – May 1997, Security Police Office of Training, USAFR, Patrick AFB, Fla.
9. March 2002 - July 2003, Security Forces, Air National Guard, Jacksonville AS, Fla.
10. July 2003 - June 2005, Security Forces, Air Force Reserve, Homestead Air Reserve Base, Fla.
11. June 2007 - June 2008, Air Transportation Arial Delivery, USAFR, Duke Field Fla.
12. June 2008 – October 2010, First Sergeant, 919 Medical Squadron, USAFR, Duke Field, Fla.
13. August 2009 – January 2010, First Sergeant, 332 ELRS Joint Base Balad, Iraq
14. October 2010 – January 2011, First Sergeant, 2d SOS, Nellis AFB, Nev.
15. January 2011 – August 2013, MQ-1 Sensor Operator, 2d SOS, Nellis AFB, Nev.
16. August 2013 – September 2013, First Sergeant, 476th Fighter Group, Moody AFB, Ga.
17. September 2013 – November 2015, First Sergeant, 28 Intelligence Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
18. November 2015 – July 2017, Superintendent, 28 Intelligence Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
19. July 2017 – Mar 2019, First Sergeant, 434 Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
20. Mar 2019 – June 2020, HQ AFRICOM, African Partner Enlisted Development Planner/J5 SEL, Kelley Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany
21. June 2020 – August 2020, First Sergeant, 434 Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Grissom ARB, Ind.
22. August 2020 – Present, Wing Command Chief, 914th ARW, Niagara Falls, NY
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
AF Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters AF Achievement Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Iraq Campaign Medal
1985 - Senior Airman below-the-zone winner, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
1989 - "Initiative Award" winner, NCOLS, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1994 - Outstanding Air Force Security Police Individual Mobilization Augmentee NCO of the Year, USAFR
2008 - United States First Sergeant Academy (CMSgt James C. Binnicker "Top Graduate" Award) Class
08H 2014 - First Sergeant Key Personnel List (KPL)
2015 - E8/E9 Key Personnel List (KPL)
2016 - E8/E9 Key Personnel List (KPL)
2016 - AFRC Intelligence DT Board Member
2020 - AFRC Command Chief Candidate List
DATES OF RANK
Chief Master Sergeant 1 Sept 2016
(Current as of January 2021)