Holiday message from Bison-1
Men and Women of the 914th Air Refueling Wing,
This holiday season, I’m grateful for our talented and hard-working team and thankful for the ones who support you at home. I see each of you give your all for our Nation and I’ve been nothing short of impressed with your determination to ensure our Wing focuses on readiness, taking care of each other and continuously preparing for our future strategic involvements across the enterprise.
I hope each of you enjoy this well-deserved time off during this holiday season with your family and loved ones—you’ve earned it. To our members abroad, I know it’s not easy serving away from your families, please stay strong and know you are in our minds and hearts. Please reach out if you or your loved ones need support, we’re always here for you.
As we conclude 2022 and head into 2023, continue your incredible work and keep bringing your dedication to our mission. I’m proud to serve our Nation beside you, thank you for what you do.
Col Lara Morrison
Wing challenge coin design
The wing commander is reviewing the submissions and plans to announce the winning design soon.
New letter for lodging procedures released
- Col Morrison signs lodging procedures commander’s emphasis letter. New rules on no-shows. Be aware of the consequences.
- First offence: notify member’s leadership for counseling.
- Second offence: member’s unit will be charged O&M funds for the cost of vacant room.
- Ask your CSS for the letter with more details.
Last UTA to get flu shot, do not miss
Flu go red date is Dec 15. Flu shots available at ASTS this UTA. Members bring proof of shot if received in community or email it to 914ASTS.SGA.Medical@us.af.mil.
APS to send firetruck to community in need
Aerial port is helping Firefighters Without Borders by loading up a firetruck via humanitarian relief cargo movement through USTRANSCOM’s Denton Cargo program. It’s going to La Cienaga, Dominican Republic, a community of 8,000 who have no fire protection services in a 180-mile radius. Firefighters Without Borders plans to send a team to help set up and train their very first fire department.
myEval officially paused, now using vPC
AFPC announced myEval 1.0 has been shut down and the contracted team is starting from scratch with version 2.0. Until then, members should upload EPRs and OPRs through vPC. vPC has been switched back on and is currently operating. Consult your CSS for details.
Gate traffic patterns during main gate construction
NFARS is currently making renovations for the Main Gate on Entrance Avenue. Tuscarora Gate and Walmore Gate will be alternating use until construction is complete. Please carefully reference the details in the story here to plan your next visit.
Finance office proves best in Air Force Reserve
The 914 ARW military finance management office won Air Force Reserve Command’s best team award for their work in fiscal year 2021 and move on to compete at U.S. Air Force level. Read the story here.
Submit your employer for the ESGR Freedom Award
- We can’t serve as reservists without our phenomenal and understanding civilian employers. Say thank you to your employer by submitting them for the Defense Employer Support Freedom Award https://www.freedomaward.mil/ Due before December 31, 2022.
Stay in the loop
Explore career opportunities in the 914 ARW
- Search civilian and ART positions on NFARS here.
- To setup automatic email notifications for saved searches.
- Login to your https://www.usajobs.gov/ account.
- Search “Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command” in Keywords AND “Niagara Falls, New York” in Location.
- Click Save Search to set up email notifications.
- Search reserve positions here.
- Login and select Reserve Vacancies.
Learn how to become a 914 ARW pilot
Current as of DECEMBER 2, 2022 (Next update expected December 6, 2022)